Interested in research or creative inquiry but don't know where to start? Here are some steps you can take to get involved regardless of past experience:
- Sign-up to receive the IUUR newsletter.
- Follow Engaged Learning on social media to keep up-to-date on events and opportunities (Instagram or Twitter).
- Gain insight into the undergraduate researcher experience on the Undergraduate Research at IU playlist on YouTube.
- Get involved in research-related clubs, like:
- Meet with IUUR staff to discuss your interests and formulate a plan to get started.
- IU Undergradaute Research Conference (Dec. 3, 2021 at IUPUI)
- National Conference on Undergraduate Research (April 4-8, 2022, Virtual)
- Undergraduate Research Month events thoughout April
- Look for research talks in your area of interest.
- Pay attention to flyers and your email, and talk with professors or graduate students in your field.
- Make a great first impression in class!
- Visit professors during office hours or inquire about scheduling an appointment.
- Either way, be sure to do your homework and arrive prepared with a few questions to ask about their research and any possible opportunitites they may have.
- The IUUR office can help you draft that initial email if needed.