Interested in research or creative inquiry but don't know where to start? Here are some steps you can take to get involved regardless of past experience:
- Sign-up to receive the IUUR newsletter.
- Follow IU Undergraduate Research on Instagram to keep up-to-date on events and opportunities.
- Gain insight into the undergraduate researcher experience on the Undergraduate Research at IU playlist on YouTube.
- Get involved in research-related clubs, like:
- Schedule an appointment with one of our undergraduate research ambassadors to discuss your interests and formulate a plan to get started.
- IU Undergraduate Research Conference takes place each December
- National Conference on Undergraduate Research
- Undergraduate Research Month events throughout April
- Look for research talks in your area of interest.
- Pay attention to flyers and your email, and talk with professors or graduate students in your field.
- Make a great first impression in class!
- Visit professors during office hours or inquire about scheduling an appointment.
- Either way, be sure to do your homework and arrive prepared with a few questions to ask about their research and any possible opportunities they may have.
- Explore the faculty page of the department you would like to do research in and reach out to the professors that who's research interests you.
- The IUUR office can help you draft that initial email if needed.