STEM Summer Research Program
The IUUR STEM Summer Research Program was started in Summer 2021 to provide undergraduate students with an on-campus, residential research opportunity while adhering to campus safety guidelines related to COVID-19. The Summer 2022 program will have a focus on STEM disciplines in order to provide research opportunities in fields where research has not been possible.
- The program will run for eight weeks, June 6 - July 29, 2022.
- Students will be expected to participate fully without other course or work obligations during this time unless they receive approval from program director.
- The program aims to increase participation in STEM disciplines among student populations that are traditionally underrepresented in STEM. Women, first generation, students from historically excluded racial and ethnic groups, and students with high financial need are encouraged to apply.
- Participants will receive a $2500 stipend and will be provided on-campus housing at no cost for the duration of the eight-week program.
- Participants will receive a meal stipend which will cover some but not all meals during the program.
- Participants will be required to follow all COVID-related safety guidelines in order to limit possible exposure.
- Participants will work in small groups of 4-6 students with a graduate student mentor guiding their research.
- Research will take place in labs across campus. Some components of the program may take place remotely as needed.
- The program will review and modify all decisions regarding COVID precautions in accordance to the newest CDC regulations and university guidelines.
- Must be a currently enrolled IUB student pursuing a STEM-related degree with an anticipated graduation date no earlier than December 2022.
The application period for Summer 2022 has now passed. Applicants will be notified by early April.
Questions about the program or application can be directed to email@example.com