STEM Summer Research Program
The IUUR STEM Summer Research Program provides undergraduate students with an on-campus, residential research opportunity while adhering to campus safety guidelines related to COVID-19. The Summer 2021 program will have a focus on STEM disciplines in order to provide research opportunities in fields where remote research has not been possible.
- The program will run for eight weeks, June 7 - July 30
- Students will be expected to participate fully without other course or work obligations during this time unless they receive approval from program director.
- The program aims to increase participation in STEM disciplines among student populations that are traditionally underrepresented in STEM. Women and students with high financial need are encouraged to apply.
- Participants will receive a $2500 stipend and will be provided on-campus housing and meals at no cost for the duration of the eight-week program.
- Participants will be required to live on-campus and follow all COVID-related safety guidelines in order to limit possible exposure within each group.
- Participants will work in small groups of 5-6 students with a graduate student mentor guiding their research.
- Research will take place in labs across campus where social distancing can safely be maintained. Some components may take place remotely as needed.
- The program will review and modify all decisions regarding COVID precautions in accordance to the newest CDC regulations and university guidelines.
- Must be a currently enrolled IUB student pursuing a STEM-related degree with an anticipated graduation date no earlier than December 2021.
- Interested students should apply no later than 11:59pm EST on April 4th.